Frequently Asked Questions
Endurance technology uses pressurized air to increase blood flow in specific areas of your legs. The technology is called pneumatic compression. Different chambers in the Endurance boots pressurize corresponding parts of your legs sequentially creating the effect of massaging your legs.
It’s like having a personal massager for your legs without actually having to hire one. This is all you need to know to take advantage of this recovery technology to complement your active lifestyle.
Okay, but how does it REALLY work?
Waste products accumulate in our muscle tissues after prolonged sports activity or intense exercise. The compression in your legs increases blood and lymph flow in muscles. The increased blood flow brings nutrients and oxygen with it which help clear out these waste products from our muscles. As a result, your muscles can then recover faster from the tiring workout they just had.
The feeling of relaxed leg muscles is just an add-on that you will love!
While our pneumatic compression boots provide relief to people from multiple walks of life, they are not meant for everyone.
Here is a list of conditions (or contradictions) where these boots might harm than help:
- Any cardiovascular disease (a disorder that includes problems in the structure of the heart, diseased blood vessels, and blood clots)
- Arrhythmia (irregular and fluctuating heartbeat caused by improper electrical impulses in the heart)
- High blood pressure
- Acute pulmonary edema (excess fluid in the lungs making it difficult for you to breathe)
- Acute infections
- Osteoporosis (when the body can’t replace old bone tissue with new tissue causing the patient’s bones to become weak and brittle)
- Acute thrombophlebitis (blood clots that block one or veins, often in legs).
- Deep Vein Thrombosis (a blood clot that forms in the deeper veins of your body, usually presents itself with acute and painful swelling)
- Episodes of pulmonary embolism (blockage of pulmonary arteries due to a blood clot that travelled up into the lungs, as the one in 2011)
- Bone fractures or dislocation
- Open wounds or inflammation in the leg or lower body
- Feeling of acute pain when you previously tried out any pneumatic compression massage chairs/boots.
- A feeling of unexplained tiredness
- Going through a surgery or have just had one
If you have any of these conditions,
- We advise you to let your body fully recover to a neutral and normal state before buying these boots.
- Please avoid investment in our (or any other brand’s) pneumatic compressions boots until your doctor okays it.
If you are not sure if or how harmful (or helpful) they might be, consult your local physio or your doctor for guidance.
If you are an adult without any of these contradictions, you will enjoy using Endurance recovery boots.
For the most satisfying massage, use Endurance recovery boots:
- Within 2-3 hours of your strenuous workout or a sports game
- Before your game or workout to warm-up and loosen your tight leg muscles
- In the evening after a long day of work while standing (delivering lectures, conducting seminars, long and tiring physical activity, etc)
Endurance recovery boots give the best results when used for 30-60 minutes post your workout or game. 30 minutes is the default setting in our boots, although you can extend your massage sessions for as long as 90 minutes if you feel the need.
For warm-up (pre-workout) sessions, even 15 minutes of massage with high pressure is good enough.
Only young athletes above the age of 12 should use these boots. Make sure there is an adult in the room to supervise their use of these boots. They should not use them:
- for more than 30 minutes/day
- with pressures exceeding 90 mmHg
- if they have any of the above-mentioned contradictions
Our compression boots come in 2 sizes: M and L.
Description of M size boots
- 110 cm long
- Meant for leg inseam up to 87-88 cm,
- Typically for people with heights in the range of 1.55m and 1.75 m.
Description of L size boots
- 125 cm long
- Meant for larger than 88 cm of leg inseam
- Typically for people with heights in the range of 1.76m and 2.0 m.
- Meant for people who have long legs and have trouble straightening their legs during air travel.
You may choose a size smaller than you need but you will not lose the effect. The boots will still work but only up to the length of the leg which it covers - just not across the entire length of your leg.
You may choose a size larger than you need in which case they may cause discomfort in the area above your thighs.
When in doubt (or if you have borderline measurements), select the larger size!
If you tend to come back from your gym or game courts covered in sweat and dirt, it’s important to give your legs a quick wash/rinse before using these recovery boots.
For the most optimal (and odour-free) experience, ensure regular maintenance of your Endurance recovery boots.
It is very important to note that the pumping machine is NOT waterproof. DO NOT clean the pumping machine with a wet cloth or put water on it. Dust it off with a dry cloth.
To enjoy relaxing massages and intense recovery for a long time, carefully avoid these DON’Ts:
- Do not wash them inside a washing machine or bathe them under a running tap or dump them in a bucket full of water for cleaning. Instead, use a wet cloth to wipe the dirt off and let them dry naturally under a fan.
- Do not dry them with electric dryers.
- Do not put the boots/machine close to the fire, under direct sunlight, or any heat source. Carefully store them away when not in use.
We provide a 2-year warranty on our recovery boots for factory defects only!
Our warranty does NOT cover the following kinds of damages:
- Wear and tear due to obvious poor maintenance of the boots
- More than regular rough usage of the machine (dropped it or broke it during transit or used it as a table to keep something heavy!)
- Expose it to the sunlight for too long
- Decided to use it in the sauna to save time.
- Left the boots soaking in water
- Let the machine get wet in the bathroom
- Any damage caused by usage that is outside the product guidelines
The machine has a transport screw accessible via a hatch at its bottom. This screw protects the machine in transit while it is being delivered to you. After delivery, keep the machine on a flat, firm surface and carefully open the hatch to remove the screw; it will longer be needed.
If you don’t remove this screw, the machine can be very loud and noisy.
This can happen if the hoses from the machine are attached to the boots in the wrong direction. Changing this direction of where hoses connect to the boots should fix this problem.
Endurance standard recovery boots are designed for 220V/50Hz electrical networks, like those you see in Europe. For use in the USA, you will need a step-up voltage transformer to convert the 110V input to 220V input; a simple plug-type converter will not be useful here.
If you travel frequently and need to carry compression boots with you, we suggest using Endurance Charge recovery boots as they can operate over a voltage range of 110V to 240V.
First, check if any hose is not loosely connected to the boots.
Check to see if accidentally sat on hose tubes, or if they are bent or blocked in any way.
If nothing works, manually test all the hose tubes by unplugging them from the boots and then turn on mode D. This ensures full pressure from all holes. If you see some holes have uneven pressure, their hoses may be bent or blocked or accidentally stepped on.
You can pack Endurance Standard recovery boots in your cabin luggage as they weight between 4 and 5 KG. These boots don’t have lithium battery and can thus be packed in any luggage, but you must ensure there’s enough cushion (or soft support) around them to shield them from shocks/damage during bagging handling. Ideally, you can pack the boots in the middle of a clothes bag - the clothes should provide enough shock insulation.
With Endurance Charge system, however, you get a chargeable lithium-ion battery. Most airlines don’t allow lithium-ion batteries in checked-in baggage. For this reason, you can pack the boots in the checked-in baggage but the machine (weighing 1.45 KG, similar to most modern laptops) should go with your cabin baggage.
If your airline does allow carrying devices with lithium-ion batteries in the checked-in baggage, make sure to turn your machine fully off and unplug all wires from it.
Endurance boots are made for (and meant for use with) your legs. Please do not use them on your arms or any other parts of your body.
Ideally, cyclers, runners, and triathlon participants love ur recovery boots the most. But athletes from any sport that uses your legs are using our recovery boots worldwide. These sports/activities include, but are not limited to:
- Ice Hockey
- Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)
- Track and Field
- Skiing and Snowboarding
Even gyms, spa specialists, sports clinics, and physiotherapists love, use, and recommend our recovery boots.
Do check out our Testimonials page on this website to see what athletes say about Endurance recovery boots.
We would love to partner with sports teams, clinics, or athletes to support them in their goals. Having said that, the bar for whom we sponsor is high. Do connect with us via our Contact Us page to t ake the conversation forward.
We are also open to exploring bulk orders or franchise inquiries, or retail partnerships.
Our 8 chambers provide gradual and smooth sequential pressure across the entirety of your leg. You can control the 8 chambers by turning the pressure on/off in them individually. This gives you the ability to isolate the most used muscles in your legs and provide a more targeted massage to those muscles.
Additionally, With 4,5, or 6 chambers, you have larger target areas, and turning off one of their chambers would mean you are no longer massaging a major part of your leg that needs it. With 8 individually-controlled chambers in our Endurance recovery boots mean smaller target areas that give you the ability to hyper-target specific areas of your leg muscles.
With the highest available pressure of 240mmHg, you get the best massage that modern pneumatic compression technology has to offer.